• Azospirillium fixes about 15 – 20 Kg. atmospheric nitrogen per hectare.
• Produces growth promoting substances such as auxin & cytokinin which are useful for increasing the seed germination, plant growth and ultimately the yield.
• Seed bacterization with this biofertilizer can improve germination of seeds leading to better seedling health and vigour.
• In certain condition they also exhibit anti-fungal activities and thereby fungal diseases may be controlled indirectly.
• It increases Yield usually range around 10-35%.